Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

COVID-19 Information:

Please Visit our COVID-19 page.

Pay Traffic Fines

What is an extension?

An extension is a postponement of the original due date on a citation. Some violations are not eligible for an extension.

Extensions of original due date to appear or pay bail

The Clerk's Office may give one 90-day extension to appear or pay bail on eligible citations that do not require a mandatory court appearance. No further extensions at the end of the 90-day period will be given. There are four options to request an extension to appear or pay bail:

  • On the Internet using our Case Information Portal: by following this Step-by-Step guide
  • By telephone: You can telephone the Traffic Department at (559) 457-1700. Our Call Center is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
  • Written request: you can mail your request to:

                                                                                          Fresno Superior Court

                                                                                          ATTN: Traffic Division

                                                                                          1100 Van Ness Avenue

                                                                                               Fresno, CA 93724

  • In person at the traffic clerk's office at: 2317 Tuolumne Street, Fresno, CA 93721

Please Note: If you have received a notice from GC Services - Collections, you can pay online For additional assistance, you may call 1-800-333-8395.

VISA and MasterCard are accepted with no additional fee
charged for this service.


Please Note:  If you are pleading not guilty, you MAY NOT use this service and must submit in writing your request for a Court Trial. Bail and request must be mailed to the Court listed at the bottom of your traffic citation.

If you were cited for fix-it violation(s), you MAY NOT use this service. The amount owing will be less when providing the Court with proof of correction. You can use this web address to submit your request for the reduced bail amount due to proof of correction

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.