Preparing and Filing Court Documents
All court forms and documents should be typed or printed using blue-black or black ink. Filing a petition with the Probate Clerk in The B.F. Sisk Courthouse starts the probate proceeding.
Setting a Hearing Date in Probate
When a petition is filed in the Probate Court, the Probate Clerk will assign a hearing date. The petitioner must give notice of the hearing to all parties interested in the probate matter.
Probate Calendar Notes
After a petition is filed, a Probate Court Examiner reviews the pleadings prior to the hearing to ensure they comply with the procedural requirements set forth in the Probate Code.
Probate Examiner Notes
The Probate Examiners review all probate documents for content and legal requirements before they are considered by the Court. Probate Examiner notes may include an identification of the parties involved in the matter, the type of proceeding, and a listing of potential deficiencies.
Any potential deficiencies will be listed on the Probate Examiner Notes and should be addressed and/or corrected before the matter is heard by the Court. Responding to the deficiency includes filing an explanatory declaration, or by using an amendment which corrects information or supplement to add new information to your petition. All documents correcting and/or addressing issues raised in the Probate Examiner notes must be in a file format that is acceptable by the court; e-mails and faxes to the Probate Examiners are not sufficient to cure deficiencies.
The Probate Examiners may be contacted directly by e-mail or fax.
To identify which Examiner reviewed your matter, please look for the Probate Examiner's initials in the “Reviewed by” portion of the Probate Examiner Notes.
- SKM can be e-mailed at email@example.com or faxed directly to (559) 457-1766
- KC can be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed directly to (559) 457-1772
- LEG can be e-mailed at email@example.com or faxed directly to (559) 457-1765
- KT can be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed directly to (559) 457-1762
- LV can be e-mailed at email@example.com or faxed directly to (559) 457-1764
Viewing Probate Examiner’s Notes
Please read the following important information:
Probate Examiner Notes are not part of the official Court file. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the documents placed on the Court's website, but the Court is not responsible for delays, errors or omissions in these web pages.
To view Examiner's Notes, click the button below, type in your case number, and search:
PLEASE NOTE: Forms may not display correctly on older versions of Adobe Reader. It is recommended that you upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Most Forms and Reports on this site are made available in Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF) format. If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, click here.
Probate matters are not assigned a court reporter, which means there will be no official transcript. Parties may provide their own court reporter according to court rules.
Court Interpreter Services
Probate Court-Appointed Panel
Attorneys interested in becoming a part of the court-appointed panel, please contact Mari Henson at (559) 457-1888
Remote Video Proceedings
The Probate Department has transitioned to utilizing Zoom for all probate hearings at this time. Appearances using the Zoom application will be voluntary, however, all parties are strongly encouraged to appear remotely, if possible. Individuals who choose to personally appear for a hearing will use the Zoom process in the courtroom with the following requirements:
- All individuals coming to the court will be required to go through expanded security screening.
- Masks will be required to enter the building and must be worn in the courtroom.
- Only parties associated with the matter on calendar will be allowed into the courtroom.
- The deputy will be enforcing proper social distancing and monitoring the number of people in the courtroom. Some individuals may have to wait outside the courtroom until their case is called.
Important Information regarding Zoom Hearings