Self-Help Service Center
What you can find at the Self-Help Service Center
The Self-Help Center can help you by providing information and instructions in Spanish and English to show you how to complete legal forms for common cases in civil court. There are also Spanish-speaking volunteers who may be able to assist at the Center and in court.
The Center has instructions in Spanish and English for these legal forms:
- Unlawful Detainer
- Civil Harassment
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
The Center also has information about other agencies that might be able to help.
The Fresno County Superior Court has established the Self-Help Service Center - Centro de Recursos Legales - which is already proving to be a great success. The primary objective of this grant-funded program is to provide education and equal access to the court system for the pro per litigant by offering educational information and language assistance. The Center is also designed to address the under served Spanish population by focusing on the heart of the problem - the language barrier. The Center is directed at all need levels of the self-represented litigants. The Self-Help Service Center is here to help you help yourself!
Centro de Recursos Legales
The "Centro de Recursos Legales" is a self-help education and information center. The center was created to help you find legal forms and give you the information and resources to fill out those forms in a friendly environment that also provides service to the Spanish speaking population.
The services at the "Centro de Recursos Legales" are available to those who speak Spanish and need the help of an interpreter.
- Access to English and Spanish language self-help instruction packets for use in completing court documents for: Family Law - Unlawful Detainer (Evictions) - Civil Harassment - Guardianship- Domestic Violence.
- Review of court documents by a court examiner.
- Rotating "how to" clinics on Family Law, Civil Harassment, and Guardianship (pre-registration required).
- Informational materials are available at the Center and computer terminals are available for self-help use.
- There is no charge for using the Center's services; however, there is a nominal charge for self-help packets and documents prepared or copied at the office.
The Self-Help Service Center - is currently closed to the public and providing services via telephone, email, and zoom. In-person appointments are limited on a case-by-case basis.
- We will give general legal information, but CANNOT give legal advice.
- We are available to help both parties. That means we may also help the other party in your case.
- We DO NOT represent you and we CANNOT act as your lawyer.
The Center is located at 1130 O Street, First Floor, Fresno, CA 93724. The phone number to the Self-Help Service Center is 559-457-2143 or toll-free within Fresno County: 1-866-665-2345
Office hours are: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.