Case Information
Attorneys & Press
Temporary Judges
Representing Yourself
Fee Schedules
Pay Traffic Fines Online
Tentative Rulings
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Family Court Services
Small Claims
Online Document Help
General Information
Court Reporter Information
Interpreter Services
Court Holidays
Useful Links
Browsing in E-File



Pursuant to California Rule of Court, Rule 2.503(b), documents filed in civil cases are viewable by the general public on the Court’s online case information portal. Due to the nature and volume of electronic filing in civil cases, the Court cannot redact documents that are electronically filed. Please be advised that it is the sole responsibility of the filer to ensure all documents are properly redacted prior to transmission. Information that should be redacted includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, driver's license numbers, and other sensitive information.

Electronic Filing with the Court

Pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure § 1010.6(g), documents filed by represented parties in all civil, family law, and probate actions must be filed electronically unless the Court excuses parties from doing so. Although not required, self-represented parties are encouraged to participate in electronic filing and service.

No electronic filing is permitted for criminal or juvenile cases or confidential case types including confidential name change, unlawful detainer (if within the first sixty (60) days of the file date), developmentally disabled and dangerous, forfeiture of confiscated weapon, involuntary medication, mental health, Murphy LPS conservatorship, petition to consent for medical treatment, petition for Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT), Riese hearing, relief of firearm prohibition, TB petition, petition for consent LPS conservatorship, writ of habeas corpus, adoption, appointment of confidential intermediary, petition to declare minor free, petition to establish parental relationship, set aside declaration of paternity, surrogacy, termination of parental rights, and unseal birth records.

The electronic filing of documents must be effected using the Court’s electronic service providers. If a party with a fee waiver files documents electronically, that party is exempt from the fees and costs associated with the electronic filing. For purposes of electronic filing of documents, pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure, § 1010.6(b)(3), any document received electronically by the court between 12:00 a.m. and 11:59:59 p.m. on a court day shall be deemed filed on that court day. Any document that is received electronically on a noncourt day shall be deemed filed on the next court day. This provision concerns only the method and effective date of filing; any document that is electronically filed must satisfy all other legal filing deadlines and requirements. This rule does not affect the timing requirements for any documents that must be filed by a set time on the due date.

The Court requests that electronic filing of documents be effected using a fully searchable .pdf file and include electronic bookmarks to each heading, subheading and component (including the table of contents, table of authorities, petition, verification, points and authorities, declaration, and proof of service if included within the petition), and to the first page of each exhibit or attachment, if any; that each bookmark to an exhibit or attachment include the letter or number of the exhibit or attachment and a description of the exhibit or attachment. The Court also requests that if exhibits or attachments are submitted in multi-part electronic files, each separate file have its own table or index of the contents of the file. The Court anticipates these requests will become mandatory at a future date.

Click Here to Access the eFileCA Website for Electronic Filing

Click Here For An Instructional Video On How To Add Bookmarks To A PDF File

Please note that if you are experiencing a technical issue with the electronic filing system, please contact your electronic filing service provider directly for assistance. If you have a question that pertains to the Court’s business processes, you may submit your question/inquiry to the appropriate department:

Civil Department

Family Law Department

Probate Department